Jean the handyman's tip of the day
Summer is around the corner and in order to stay cool in your home you will utilize a air conditioner or fans.In order to save on your electrical bill you will need to run a few check ups.
Here is a list of things that you should be aware of:
• Choose the right AC unit labeled with the energy saver option setting.
• If it is a window ac unit be sure to seal all gaps surrounding the AC unit to avoid the hot outdoor air to enter.
• Set your AC unit thermostat to the right temperature or the energy saver setting.
• Make sure that you are turning the AC off when you are not present.
• Also by keeping your curtains or blinds shades close, you will avoid the sun rays to shine against your windows and keep the room cool.
• Ceilings fans and regular fans are another way to help keeping the cool air to circulate within your room.
• Most importantly be sure to measure the size of the room that needs a ac unit to pick the right *BTU of the unit.
* BTU is a unit of measurement for energy. One BTU is equal to the amount of energy used to raise the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit.
Stay cool !!!
Jean the handyman